Do you ever find yourself tossing a plastic water bottle into the trash and feeling bad about it? The Garbage Man understands your pain and the importance of saving resources, preventing pollution, and supporting public health by keeping recyclables out of landfills. Our convenient recycling program helps cut down on your weekly waste by salvaging products for reuse, giving both you and the environment a win.
We provide dependable recycling pickup every other week, and with our green-lidded, 95-gallon container right there at your home, you’ll never have to worry about where to put your recyclables again.
What Can I Recycle?
Even long-time recyclers can benefit from a refresher on what you can recycle. You should place these items in the recycling bin:
- Cardboard, paperboard, and paper bags: Flatten cardboard and cut into pieces. No wax-coated cardboard or paperboard and no pizza boxes.
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, and office paper: All types and sizes, envelopes, flyers, brochures, postcards, etc.
- Kitchen cookware, steel, aluminum, and tin cans: Metal pots, pans, utensils, and empty tin cans.
- Plastics #1, #2, and #5: Empty containers only. Caps, lids, and labels do not need to be removed. No plastic grocery/retail bags.
- Clear, green, and brown glass
What Can’t I Recycle?
We ask that you avoid placing the following items in your bin, as they cannot be processed for recycling:
- Paper milk or juice cartons
- Propane tanks
- Medical waste/syringes
- Wood items
- Garden hose
- Electrical cords
- Other toxic wastes
- Plastics #3, #4, #6, and #7
The Garbage Man is a locally owned business committed to the health and well-being of our community and dedicates each day to providing the best service for our neighbors.
Schedule Your Recycling Pickup Today
To get started doing your part and cutting down on needless waste, contact us to schedule delivery of your recycling bin. If you need more help understanding which items to recycle, our team is more than happy to assist!