Yard Waste Pickup:
We offer yard waste pickup every other week April-November. We ask that all yard waste be put in the brown paper yard waste bags, which you can find at Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, etc. We ask that you call the office if you are going to have yard waste out so we can notify that driver.
We will pick up large/bulk items with the regular trash. All items must be called in before your pick up day so we can notify you of the fee associated with that item, and so we can notify the driver.
Welcome! Thank you for choosing The Garbage Man. We specialize in residential and curbside trash pickup in Livingston County, Michigan.
Here are a few important service guidelines you will need to know regarding your residential service:
- You MUST call in large or “out of the ordinary” items such as: appliances, furniture, carpet, and construction debris. There may be extra charges that apply for these types of materials.
- Yard waste MUST be in the brown paper yard waste bags. You MUST call the office before your pickup day in order to get your yard waste picked up. We accept yard waste April-October and pick it up every other week. Please view our yard waste schedule.
- We recommend placing your trash out the night before your scheduled pickup day. All trash must be out by 6:00 AM. We will not return to pick up trash that is not set out on time.
- You may have up to (4) 30-gallon trash cans OR (12) 13-gallon kitchen size bags. If you use our 95-gallon curb rental you may have an additional 30-gallon trash can OR (3-4) 13-gallon kitchen size bags.
- The Garbage Man will not be held liable or responsible for damage to trash cans that are not the property of The Garbage Man.
- Sharing will not be permitted; one household per account.
- If a Holiday falls on a weekday (M-F) there is a one day layover the remainder of that week. Friday’s scheduled pickups will be made on Saturday.
- We observe (6) holidays; New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- You MUST call the office to cancel your account and set a last pickup date. No refunds will be given if you cancel in the middle of a quarter.
*Please, feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Glass, clear, brown, and green
- Soup and coffee cans
- “Non” plastic containers #2; milk jugs, water jugs (narrow neck)
- Pigmented plastic containers #2; detergent, shampoo, bleach, butter tubs
- Plastic food and beverage containers #5 (ex: yogurt containers)
- Mixed paper
- Kraft paper bags
- Corrugated cardboard, no wax
- Magazines or junk mail
- Juice cartons, gable top milk, juice containers, soup cartons
If you have any questions regarding our policies, please contact us today! We are happy to answer any questions you may have.